Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Point of no return



Decided on this spot in Nashville tonight for dinner over the Thai restaurant - decision was in part based on the ability to have a sense of what we were eating. Let me preface this by saying that if we were home and had been eating home every night, we wouldn't be so critical of one night out. However, because we are eating a meal out every day this week down here, we felt we needed to be more conscious.

 
This was my post dinner snack to get me close to my numbers tonight. It was 1 scoop PB Smash progenex and 3/4 cup raspberries
 
In aviation, "The Point of no return" is referred to as : The term PNR—"point of no return," more often referred to by pilots as the "Radius of Action formula" — originated, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, as a technical term in air navigation to refer to the point on a flight at which, due to fuel consumption, a plane is no longer capable of returning to the airfield from which it took off.

Well...I'm there...and I think I'm bringing people along for the ride.

Now, I realize that many people might be reading this and shaking their heads mumbling that 'this is ridiculous'. It may seem that this is compulsive or that getting so deep into the Macros or any way of eating 'to the point of no return' is absurd. 

However, I beg to differ. There are a few folks that have emailed me who I have been helping to EAT MORE. The more I research and experience this for myself, the more it makes sense that ultimately it's the balance and consistency that makes the difference (as per yesterday's blog). Think about it, many of us may under eat on a daily basis but then on the weekends we smash food due to social settings, no work, etc. Then we wonder why we aren't seeing progress with our body comp or metabolic state. 

There's a hum that happens in balance. And we all say how elusive it is. But what if it's not. Tonight we read a quote on the wall that 'the moment you decide to do something you either start doing it or start making excuses for NOT doing it'. 

The reality is that any kind of food tracking is hard. What is easy is eating whatever you want, whenever you want and is as much quantity as you want. But which is going to get you balance, which will teach you about being satiated physically vs emotionally?

Today we made choices to support the commitment we made to the macros and 'hitting our numbers'. We both feel better than ever - I am somewhat confused that I am still the same size and leanness and have eaten more food than I have in years. That is progress. That is enjoying life. 

So yes, we have hit the point of no return - not because we've become crazy obsessed people, but because we have committed and realize that we've come far enough that to go back now is a waste of the fuel we put forth to get where we are. In short, back on track here and enjoying the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment