Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday, mood revival and control

Two weeks of Macros, and today was 6 days solid with being on track (+/- a few grams on each Macro every day) and no alcohol.

Today was somewhat of a continuation of yesterday where I was a bit of a zombie, but patience and staying the course revived my mood. Today's macro's were comprised of: Two quest bars, an americano with heavy cream, Whole Foods herb roasted turkey breast weighed at deli and a pre packaged container of the southwest sweet potato/ bean salad. That food carried me through until after Jurassic World into dinner which was 2 egg whites + 1 egg and 3/4 cup cooked coconut rice (fresh batch!). I ended up with 7g carbs and 12 grams fat left. Had 1/2 a piece of cinnamon raisin ezekial bread w/ 1 tsp organic butter on it along with an americano and another TB heavy cream.
Very satisfied.

A quote that resonated with me today, and challenged my state of nutrition right now was "the key to a happy life is to accept that you are not in control". That one hit me like a truck today. Now, that doesn't mean that we can't be in control of what we put in our mouths and the choices we make as advocates for ourselves. But, it's also a good reminder to not force things and death grip the world you are living in.

Let up on the grip a bit. If the nutrition is going great, maybe that's not the area to let up on. Or perhaps you need to take some inventory at this point in the challenge. Many of you are on 6 weeks of 'controlled' eating in some way, shape or form. Make sure that you are still in the healthy territory. I need to remind myself of this from time to time. Today I am happy and content that I 'controlled' my week and adhered to no alcohol and all of my numbers. Tomorrow I will have a cocktail or glass of wine because I would like to. Control is an illusion, make sure you know what the mirage is and what's real.

Happy Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment